Top of Page
Skip main navigation

Welcome Graduate Students!

Congratulations and welcome to the College of Computing and Engineering Family! We understand that the decision to continue your education is a big step, and we are delighted that you chose Nova Southeastern University. Please use the information on this page to help you with your first steps to becoming a Shark! 

Let's Get Started

New Graduate Student Checklist

Retrieve your SharkLink username and password –  SharLink is your “passport” to access important campus resources and tools (e.g. NSU email, Webstar, registration, and financial aid). If you require further assistance logging into Sharklink contact the NSU Help Desk at (954)262-4357. Visit:

Check your NSU Email – Due to FERPA privacy restrictions, all NSU email communication must be conducted through your NSU student email account. Please setup your NSU email account by logging into Sharklink - click on the email icon - then follow on screen commands. Visit:

Register - You must register for your classes through Sharklink.  All students must sign the SEA Agreement when registering for classes. For course scheduling information, please visit our Course Wizard. Please note that if you are required to take 500-level foundation courses, they can be substituted with undergraduate courses. Please consult with your academic advisor for more information.

Apply for a NSU Parking Decal –  Annual parking decals are required in order to park on NSU campuses. 

Contact Your Academic Advisor – For contact information, please visit


Apply for your SharkCard - Your NSU ID SharkCard is used to gain access to campus resources. Note: You must register for a course at least 24-hours prior to requesting your ID card.

Please visit:

Review the Graduate Catalog  –  The Academic Catalogs of the College of Computing and Engineering are the governing documents for all program-related information. Please become familiar with the policies and procedures contained within it. The university reserves the right for any reason to cancel or modify any course or program listed herein. In addition, individual course offerings may vary from year to year as circumstances dictate.

Please visit:

Contact Financial Aid - Welcome to NSU's Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA)! Here you will find everything you need to know about student financial aid, including how to apply, financial aid deadlines, and types of aid available to graduate students, please visit:
Apply for Aid - Getting Started:
Financial Aid Award Letter:

Important Dates and Deadlines

An academic calendar contains important dates including registration deadlines, first day of class, last day to add/drop a class, and withdrawal deadlines.

For more information, please click here to visit the Academic Calendars page.

Students are expected to drop/withdraw themselves from courses in SharkLink. Students withdrawing from their last or only registered course within a given term or students experiencing other problems withdrawing themselves should contact their program advisor. If necessary, students may submit a withdrawal request in writing via postal mail or assigned NSU email account. Requests for withdrawals received after 11:59 PM EST on the withdrawal deadline date will not be accepted.

Failure to attend course(s) or participate in course activities during the first week of the term may result in automatic removal from courses. Beyond the first week of the term, it is the student's responsibility to communicate with the university if they wish to be removed from courses. Depending on the date of drop/withdrawal, the student may be eligible for a partial refund. Students who have not withdrawn on or before the withdrawal deadline date will receive letter grades that reflect their performance in the course(s). The program office will confirm receipt of withdrawal requests that are received by the withdrawal deadline date. When a withdrawal request has been confirmed, the transcript will show a grade of W for the course.

Tuition Refund Schedule
2019 - 2020

Fall 2019
August 19, 2019 – December 8, 2019

Drop/Add Period

August 19 – 25, 2019


Ends September 1, 2019


Ends September 8, 2019


Ends September 15, 2019

Last Day to Withdraw

November 17, 2019

No Refunds after September 15, 2019


Winter 2020
January 6, 2020 – May 3, 2020

Drop/Add Period

January 6 - 12, 2020


Ends January 19, 2020


Ends January 26, 2020


Ends February 2, 2020

Last Day to Withdraw

April 12, 2020

No Refunds after February 2, 2020


Summer 2020
May 4, 2020 – July 26, 2020

Drop/Add Period

May 4 - 10, 2020


Ends May 17, 2020


Ends May 24, 2020


Ends May 31, 2020

Last Day to Withdraw

July 5, 2020

No Refunds after May 31, 2020

Registering for Classes - 3 Easy Steps

NSU has simplified the registration process by allowing students to register for classes online through SharkLink. Students may contact their academic advisor for assistance to add, drop, or withdraw from class.

Course Wizard
Check out the new schedule of classes. Course Wizard enables students to browse and search course information, class dates, times and locations. Course descriptions, instructor names, book information and syllabi can also be retrieved via this updated scheduling tool. Go to 

Cancellation of Courses
The university reserves the right to cancel any course or section. If a course is canceled and a replacement is not offered, students will be dropped and the tuition will be reversed on the students account for the canceled course. If the student registered for only one course, the registration fee and student service fee will also be reversed.

Registration Instructions

1) Run your Degree Audit to review your curricular and program requirements through Degree Works.

2) Log into SharkLink at (your username is your nova email prefix (initials and numbers only) everything before "". If you need to retrieve or reset your password, please visit:

3) Once you log into SharkLink, click on "My Academics", which is located on the left hand navigation panel.

4) Under the section that reads "I would like to" click on Registration- Add/Drop/SEA

5) Select the semester you would like to register for

6) Review and complete your Student Enrollment Agreement (SEA)

7) Enter the course reference numbers (CRNs) to the registration worksheet in the boxes below.

8) Then click submit changes to complete your registration

Students who require assistance with their registration may submit a completed and signed Student Transaction Form (STF) to their academic advisor:



Review Class Schedule

To review your class schedule for accuracy, please follow the below steps:

  • Once you log into SharkLink, click on "My Academics”, which is located on the left-hand navigation panel.
  • At the bottom of the page you will find "My schedule"
  • Select the semester to view your schedule 
  • Once selected, a drop down will appear with the course(s) for which you have registered 
    • Click the down arrow on each course to see course details 
    • You may also click on the icon next to "useful tools" for book information pertaining to the course

NSU Resources

Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center

Through a unique agreement with Broward County, NSU’s Alvin Sherman Library, Research, and Information Technology Center serves the residents of Broward County as well as the university’s students, faculty, and staff members.

Stunningly modern and towering a full five stories, the 325,000-square-foot Alvin Sherman Library is one of the largest library buildings in the state of Florida and offers full collections of research materials, specialized databases, popular fiction and nonfiction books, magazines and journals, CDs, and DVDs and offers cozy reading niches, 22 study rooms, 1,000 user seats, wireless internet service, and a café.

For more information on the Alvin Sherman Library, please visit:  or call (954) 262-4600.


Writing & Communication Center

The NSU Write from the Start Writing and Communication Center (WCC) is an innovative workspace where students, consultants, and faculty come together, in person and online, to talk about writing and communication.

Staffed by trained professional and peer writing consultants, the WCC offers individualized writing and communication assistance to all NSU students. Students are welcome to work with us on all types of academic writing and communication projects at any stage of the writing process, from brainstorming to editing.

For more information on the Writing & Communication Center, please visit: is now LinkedIn Learning

The NSU Alvin Sherman Library provides free access to (LinkedIn Learning), a vast online library of high-quality, current, and engaging video tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.

With free access to online video tutorials, students can learn from industry experts on business, technology, creative skills, and more all at their own pace. Whether you are a professional wanting to refresh your knowledge, or an amateur starting from square one, (LinkedIn Learning), has relevant courses at a level for everyone.

For more information on (LinkedIn Learning), please click here.

The Help Desk provides students at Nova Southeastern University with a centralized point of contact for technical support services. Whether the problem is email, online courses, network access, or another technical question, the Help Desk is here to assist and troubleshoot with advanced technical support from the Office of Innovation and Information Technologies (OI2T).

NSU Email Account 

If you need help setting up your NSU email account please contact the Student Help Desk at 954-262-4357 or visit . You can also configure Outlook, Office 365, and/or the Windows 10 mail app for NSU SharkMail.

To learn how to use NSU Sharkmail, please visit:

Wireless - WiFi Networks

Wireless  access to the NSU network

VPN Setup  secure access to NSU network





  • Mon-Fri: 7:00am - 10:00pm
  • Saturday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
  • Sunday: 8:30am- 5pm
  • (954) 262 - 4357
  • 1-800-541 NOVA Ext: 24357


They will be closed for University Holidays.

Click on any link below for more information.

Degree Works: Online Degree Audit 

Financial Aid: (954) 262-3380

Scholarships: Search and apply for as many scholarships as you qualify for and be sure to regularly visit the site for newly added opportunities.

Bursar: (954) 262-5200

Registrar: (954) 262-7200

NSU Bookstore: (800) 509-2665

International Students: (954) 262-7240  

Veterans' Benefits: 800-541-6682, ext. 27236

Campus Recreation: (954) 262-7301

Career Development: (954) 262-7201

Student Counseling: 954-424-6911

Health Care Centers: (954) NSU-CARE (678-2273)

Student Employment: (954) 262-3380

Housing: (954) 262-7052

Student Mediation Services: (954) 262-7196

Student Medical Center: (954) 262-1270

Student Disability Services: (954) 262-7185

Public Safety: (954) 262-8999

Additional Student Support

The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) provides complete support and advisory services and they are available to answer your questions and help you with any immigration-related problem that you may have.

OISS offers immigration assistance for the NSU community and serves as a liaison between their office and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in matters related to international students and scholars studying and working at NSU. Their goal is to provide you with great service and for you to have an overall remarkable experience.

As an International student you will work closely with and contact OISS for questions related to

  • I-20 and required documentation (the OISS processes the I-20)
  • Maintaining your visa status
  • Proof of Financial Support & other documents
  • Course load requirements, and other inquiries
  • Course drop/withdrawal approval
  • Taking a reduced course load
  • Employment (on-campus or off-campus)
  • Travel
  • Housing questions
  • Events & workshops

For more information, please contact OISS at phone: 954-262-7240 or toll free at 800-541-6682, ext. 2740; email:; web:

How many classes, or credits, am I required to take? What constitutes a full-time status?

For either M.S. or Ph.D. programs, enrollment for one course in a term is considered part-time status, while two courses constitute a full-time status and is the average enrollment for students.  

Students with enrollment requirements should always verify with the entity or department mandating the requirement. 

For example, international students, per the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) are normally required to enroll for a full-time status (two courses, with one of the two courses required to be on-campus).  International students should verify with OISS on the enrollment requirements mandated by their visa, and what to do in the event they cannot meet the requirement for enrollment in a term.

I want to request a transfer of courses.  How can I do this?

Request for transfer courses/credits can be submitted to a CCE Academic Advisor upon on admission.  The request submitted to the advisor should include a link to the graduate catalog for the institution, corresponding to the year the course was completed.  Please be sure to reference the page # for the course description within the catalog. A syllabus for the course will provide additional support.

Transfer Credit Policy (M.S. only)
A maximum of six credit hours of graduate-level work will be considered for transfer if
(1) the graduate credit was earned within five calendar years of course completion,
(2) the credit was earned from a regionally accredited university,
(3) the content of the courses requested for transfer is equivalent to an NSU course in the program of study
(4) the courses were not used toward a prior awarded degree, and
(5) a grade equivalent to B or higher in each of the courses requested for transfer.
A grade of P (Pass) of CR (Credit) or other such grade will not be accepted. Upon admission into one of the master’s degree programs, the student may request approval of transfer of credits in writing to an academic advisor. Official transcripts are required to process requests for transfer credits. This policy does not apply to non-degree students.
I would like to change my major.  What is the process?

CCE admitted students can request a change of major by completing and submitting a change of major form to their CCE academic advisor found here, .  Your academic advisor will notify you with the decision.

Please know admission to the new program is contingent upon the student meeting the new program's admission requirements.

How do I know if I have foundation courses to take? 

Foundation (500-level) or other course requirements outside of your program’s curriculum are specified on a student’s admission letter along with the rules of completion. 

What is the difference between a prerequisite & a co-requisite?

A 600-level course with a pre-requisite course(s), will be found in the course description; located on program curriculum page, in Course Wizard, or in the course description index of the Graduate Catalog.

Students can enroll for the course that requires the prerequisite in an upcoming term, while currently enrolled in its pre-requisite by contacting their advisor.

Can I pursue more than one concentration?

Yes, students are eligible to complete a second concentration of their program of study.  Students are not eligible to complete a concentration of a major they are not pursuing.  Concentrations can be added to a student’s record by way of request to their advisor. Both concentrations are noted on the student’s transcript but not the diploma.

I would like to change my concentration.  How can I do this?

You can change your concentration by emailing your advisor.  Please be sure to submit your request from your NSU email account and include your NSU ID Number and concentration selection.

Where can I find information on housing?

NSU students can find information for on and off campus housing here,   

How do I get my NSU ID Card? How do I get a parking decal?

NSU students can find instruction on how to obtain a NSU SharkCard here,

NSU students can reference campus parking policies & requirements here,

Where can I find information on tuition and fees? Billing and Payments?

CCE Tuition & fees can be referenced here,  For additional information on billing, such as due payments, payment plans and/or payment options, students can refer to the Bursar found here,

When is tuition payment due?

Payment is due at the time of registration and is considered past due 30 days after the start of the semester. An email will be sent to you 20 days after the first day of the semester reminding you of the approaching late fee date.

For more information on payment policy, please visit:

I need to take some time off.  Is this allowed?  (M.S. and Ph.D. students)

Master’s students: CCE does not have any mandated requirements for continuous enrollment, nor are required to submit a request.  Notifying your academic advisor; however, of your intended plan to break and/or continue in the program is appreciated.  Please keep in mind, there is five year time limit to complete the Master’s program curriculum from your initial enrollment term.

Doctoral students: CCE doctoral students are required to submit a Leave of Absence Request form, Upon approval, students may take the requested time off. Please know if you are not registered you may not have access to certain NSU resources during that particular term. Please keep in mind, there is ten year time limit to complete the doctoral program curriculum from your initial enrollment term.

I am on academic probation.  Can I still register for classes?

Yes. Please submit a completed Student Transaction Form,, by email to your academic advisor for your requested courses in the upcoming term.

What grade do I need to earn to pass a course?

Master’s studentsFoundation courses (500-level; calculus) are to be completed with a grade of B or higher and 600-level courses (core, concentration, electives) are to be completed with a grade of C- or better.

However, please keep in mind each master’s student must maintain a cumulative/term grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 for the duration of his or her program to remain in good academic standing. When the cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 the student is automatically placed on academic probation.

Doctoral students700-level courses are to be completed with a grade of C- or better. However, please keep in mind each doctoral student must maintain a cumulative/term grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.25 for the duration of his or her program to remain in good academic standing. When the cumulative GPA falls below 3.25 the student is automatically placed on academic probation.

What is the academic probation and/or dismissal and/or readmission policy of CCE?

For Academic Probation, please refer to the “Academic Progress, Grade Requirements, and Academic Standing” policy.  Students can find CCE Graduate Catalogs here,

Can I retake a class I didn't do well in?

Master’s and Doctoral students:

A student receiving a grade of B– or lower has one opportunity to repeat the course and earn a higher grade. Students are recommended to consult with their academic advisor before registering for a repeated course. Students may not repeat more than two courses to earn passing grades.

Please Note: The transcript will show both the original and repeat grades; however, only the higher grade will be counted in the student’s cumulative GPA. Students repeating a course must pay course tuition and fees.

For more information, please refer to the “Academic Progress, Grade Requirements, and Academic Standing” policy within the CCE Graduate Catalog,

My curriculum changed; what classes should I be taking? 

Students can always refer to their graduate catalog to identify the curriculum; .

How do I know what courses I have left on my curriculum?

Run your Degree Audit to review your curricular and program requirements through Degree Works. Degree Works allows you to stay on track and on target with your educational plan and goals by comparing your completed coursework against the outstanding requirements needed to complete your degree. Access Degree Works at .

Please Note: Although extremely helpful, please keep in mind Degree Works is not an official degree evaluation.  Amendments, updates and inaccuracies are easily and often processed by an academic advisor to correct a tailored curriculum for a student. Therefore, after reviewing your Degree works report, if you find any discrepancies, please let your CCE academic advisor know and we can review your record to answer any questions or make any corrections as needed.

When and how often is Commencement?

The Commencement ceremony for CCE is held once per year in June.  Information regarding the annual commencement ceremony can be found here,

For participation eligibility, please contact your CCE academic advisor.

Degree applications & conferral. How do I get my degree conferred?

Degree Conferral

Below is when degrees are conferred for the end of each semester:

Winter degree completion = degree conferred for the end of June
Summer degree completion = degree conferred for the end of September
Fall degree completion = degree conferred for the end of January

About four weeks after a student’s degree is conferred, they will receive their diploma and official transcript in the mail.

Please Note: If a student has a financial balance on the student's record then their degree cannot be conferred until the balance is cleared.

Degree Application

Step 1: Complete Degree Application

Please contact CCE academic advising for the degree application form and email the completed form to It will then be sent to the Registrar to process. 

Step 2: Payment Process

Degree Application charges will appear on your student account 24-48 hours after submission. Once the charge appears, proceed to SharkLink. From the "MyAccount" page go to the "Account Summary" page and click "NSU eBILL (View and Pay Bill)." This will take you to NSU eBill to pay your bill. If this method of payment fails, please contact the Bursar's Office at 800-541-6682, ext. 25200, for a credit card payment over the telephone, or mail your payment to:

       Nova Southeastern University
       Bursar's Office
       3301 College Avenue
       Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314

No diploma or degree verification will be released until payment is received and all financial obligations have been met. It is important that you make note of the appropriate application fee associated with your degree: $100.00.

In order to be successful in your academic career, it is essential to stay informed, plan effectively, and engage in proactive, positive decision-making and problem-solving. We are here to help. Make sure to meet with academic support regularly to ensure that you are on the right track.

Please schedule an appointment with our Advising staff to review your degree requirements, plan your class schedule, and to discuss academic policies and campus resources.

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (EST)

If you have any general questions or comments, please email or call (954) 262-2031. 

Graduate Advisors

Laura Macias
Graduate Academic Advisor
Phone: (954) 262-2061 Toll-free: (800) 986-2247, ext 22061

Latesha Ware
Graduate Academic Advisor
Phone: (954) 262-2056 Toll-free: (800) 986-2247, ext 22056

Health Data Analyst - The Health Data Analyst performs complex health care related research and analysis,...

IT & Data Specialist - Serves as part of the Division of Administration and is supervised by under the Chief of...

SUMMER INTERN - Architect Engineer MAJORS - Architecture / Engineering Interns will apply their knowledge and understanding of...



Can We Help?

We are available at 954-262-2031 to answer questions. We look forward to helping you.

Return to top of page